Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Relocation: Full relocation package and support
Travel: 75% in Ukraine, 25% travel
Solve.Care is a global healthcare-on-blockchain technology company. Using innovative approaches, we tirelessly work to solve the complex problems that plague healthcare around the world.
The Solve.Care journey began when we realized that the current healthcare system is failing us. Too complex and involving too much bureaucracy, the system is unbearable, even for the healthy. If you or a loved one becomes ill, then you unavoidably become mired in an endless cycle of attempting to coordinate medical care.
For these reasons, we began to build a patient-centric platform, one that actually connects people, and coordinates benefits, care, and payments. Our mission is to make healthcare work better for ourselves, our parents, children, society, business, and the global economy.
Solve.Care is headquartered in Kyiv, Ukraine. We have our global headquarters in Singapore and offices in the US, the UK, and Estonia. Our partners, advisory board, and employees work around the world.
About the Engineering Manager position
The Engineering Manager balances three main areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used and guide future direction. Take ownership for defining the engineering process and deliverables
- Team leadership: coach, support, and develop strong management layer in the development department
- SDLC: Define, implement and enforce the development process which is followed by the entire department and assures high quality of the product, timeliness of delivery and extensive documentation.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Defining, enabling and enforcing SDLC
- Building simple and effective processes for high quality, timely delivery, and documentation
- Leading Solve.Care Platfrom and product development
- Manage delivery project plan, timelines, and reporting, manage client expectations, delivery scope
- Produce progress and status reports
- Produce and maintain development progress dashboard
- Publishing and owning platform roadmap
- Managing development Team Leads and multiple cross-functional development teams
- Growing, mentoring and managing Team leads
- Build teams, plan team structure and resources, hire staff
- Create personal development plans, participate in the staff performance review
- Manage Delivery team and participate in designing customer-specific solutions based on top of the platform
- Interact with Architecture team and actively participate in platform technical design sessions
- Interact with Support team and provide timely resolutions for any production incidents
- Interact with C-level Execs and define department development strategy for product roadmap delivery and meeting business development needs
- Support CTO in responding to RFPs
Experience and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or another related field
- 7+ years of experience in managing development processes and teams
- 5+ years of experience working in an international product development company
- Excellent people management skills – including experience managing development teams across multiple locations
- Ability to utilize judgment in the decision-making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Skills in productivity, planning and workload management