Reports To (Title): Chief of Staff
Role purpose (Why does the job exist)? What is there to achieve or deliver?)
Works closely with responsible teams to define the tasks and resources required to complete each project. Responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of projects. Monitors the progress and scope of the projects, submits regular reports to CEO and all stakeholders, is responsible for coordinating the timely delivery in collaboration with project sponsor.
- Determine and define scope, objectives, budget, priorities, resources and deadlines of the projects together with the relevant stakeholder
- In collaboration with the project owner prepare and document the required budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- In collaboration with the project owner, prepare and communicate a detailed project/work plan (Gantt) including but not limited to scheduling key project milestone, workstreams & activities, tracking and adjusting as required to account for scope changes, schedule and/or budget- all the while communicating clearly to the relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare/ provide project dashboards/ updates on a regular basis to project team and key stakeholders on strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Manage the relationship and communication with the client and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Conduct a post-project review to identify lessons learned.
Required experience + Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficient with relevant project management tools such as MS project
Additional Technical/Professional Qualifications/Requirements – to include local education and professional qualifications, knowledge, skills, training and experience requirements for the job:
- Excellent English
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and go the extra mile
Behavioral Competencies (BCs):
External focus proactively makes changes to capitalize on opportunities in the external market. Makes clear predictions about future market developments and changes in client needs. Actively builds partnerships with influential key stakeholders and partners outside the business
Communicating and influencing
Generates and communicates and inspiring compelling vision that ensures commitment and enthusiasm of significant internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrates astute political awareness and deploys wide ranging influencing strategies that positively influence significant internal and external stakeholder positions. Demonstrates high levels of emotional intelligence positively managing all actions and behaviors even during highly pressurized potentially stressful situations. Uses sophisticated political skills to gain support for ideas and proposals has a visible and commanding presence project in gravitas
Skilled as interpreting developments in the environmental, political, social technological environment to identify opportunities and threats. Is fluent in articulating a range of strategic opportunities to take the market forward. Is skilled at developing innovative concepts and ideas which creates strategic options at options for the business.
Commercial Knowledge and Focus
Is proactive at imposing ideas from other sectors to maximize commercial success Makes broad-based judgments o what will grow the business accounting for a range of environmental factors. Skilled at identifying and exploiting radically new commercial opportunities. Experience shaping the commercial competitiveness of the whole business
Goal Setting & Priorities
Communicates a clear and compelling strategic vision for the entire business set expectations which hold senior leaders accountable for achieving strategic goals set challenging long-term goals for the business. Uses sophisticated management expertise to engage different groups through the entire change journey.
Confidently takes risks to transform the direction of the business. Thinks long-term about the risks and returns of decisions that impact the future of the business. Is bold in decision making, balancing risk and reward. Is confident making (evidence based) decisions even when all required information is not available.
Drives a culture of high performance across the organisation. Leads by example to deliver high performance across and down the organisation under pressure.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Drives the whole organisation towards performance improvement and excellence. Able to devise pioneering ideas and introduce imaginative ways of doing business that change the business landscape. Is courageous in pushing the business forward, adopting new ideas and operating in new territory. Is adept at introducing new ideas and practices to the entire business and wider industry.
- Integrity of thoughts, words, and actions
- Respect for our team, community, and clients
- Innovation through constant learning
- Trust earned daily through our actions
- Learning from our mistakes and never repeating them